Board Member Biography
Class XVIII (2022)
Barry served as a Program Director for the US Army Audit Agency. In this capacity he was responsible for operational, financial, and compliance audits of all Army Medical Department functions. He was also responsible for audits of Morale, Welfare and Recreation functions. During the last 5 years as a Program Director, his team published 106 audit reports. Implementation of recommendations in these reports resulted in dollar savings in excess of $100 million. Later in his career he was the Deputy City Auditor for San Antonio, Texas. In this position, Barry approved audit plans based on discussions with City leadership and assessment of budget and other researched information. Barry monitored audit performance, and recommended release of final audit reports and worked with his team to develop policy on conducting financial and compliance audits. He completed his career performing financial investigations for the US Army Medical Command.
During the past 12 years, Barry spent many hours doing volunteer work for the San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind.
Both Barry and his wife, Nancy, retired in December 2019. They enjoy golf, are definitely foodies and love to travel. Their son Adam and his wife Zofi live in NYC with their grand-dog Murff.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Accounting
- Past Chairperson, Department of Defense Joint Audit Planning Group-Medical Audits
- Past President, San Antonio Chapter, Association Government Accountants
- Past Member, Board of Governors, San Antonio Chapter, Institute of Internal Auditors